Here is the diversity wheel for me (Jinah Smith):
Religion: Catholic
Geography:Born in South Korea then flown overseas to the small town of Woodland in the North West.
Nationality:Korean
Profession and Status:Full time student
Class:Middle
Education:Sophomore here at Central
Physical Abilities and Intellect:Somewhat athletic
Race:Asian
Gender:Female
Age:20
Cultural Heritage: (?) beats me I'm adopted and my background information is very limited.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
The aspects that affect my viewpoint the most would have to be my cultural heritage as well as my geography. Since I was so young and don't know a lot about my cultural heritage it makes me have a certain curiosity on how things would be if I hadn't been adopted and what would have changed if I had stayed with my real parents. Sometimes I think about meeting them, but for most of the time I wish not to know because I live a great life now and from what little I know if I had stayed my life would have been very short. I don't look down upon my mother for giving me up because I know she gave me up for the good reason of not being killed. Then my geography makes a big difference as to who I am. I come from a very small hick town in which the town itself is a two block radius and coming to Central opened my views on a lot of things even though it is a pretty small town too, but it has way more diversity than my town will ever have. I was the minority there, but coming to school has opened my eyes to be more optimistic about more things in life that I would have never known about or thought of, but now I do and it's great!!!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment